The Associate Media Director will serve as the hub for all media (traditional & digital), overseeing the planning process, media recommendations and POVs, and ensuring the flawless execution of traditional and digital media. This individual will develop and author overall media strategy and approach.
The Associate Media Director will work collaboratively with the Sr. Director of Planning to evaluate, advise, and create media plans that best solve Client objectives. This position will be responsible for managing relationships across all core disciplines—Paid Search, SEO, Broadcast, OOH, Creative, Production, Accounting, and Account Service teams—providing strategic direction to each team on how to best meet Client’s media objectives.
Refining and evolving processes as needed that will streamline the media workflow is a key component to this position. Collaboration with peers and other departments will be vital to the success of this role, ensuring that all projects and deliverables are executed effectively, efficiently, flawlessly, and on budget.
This role will manage and oversee the media planning team and be responsible for the growth and development of the team—inclusive of mentoring, training, reviews, and overall leadership.
External Relationship Management:
- Builds trust and maintains strong client relationships; instills confidence in Agency leadership and ensures the Agency is providing Clients our best ideas and strategies
- Is an expert across our Clients’ brands, structure and industry and ensures our offerings are aligned with our Clients’ objectives and organizational goals
- Can work strategically across channels, inclusive of display, PPC, SEO, Accounting, Creative
- Responsible for the initial creation of Client presentations and is an active lead in Client meetings
- Act as an escalation point of contact for Client and other internal teams; responsible for all client requests and inquiries
- Acts as point of contact for the day to day needs of the Client an is responsive to Clients inquiries
- Responsible for alignment with Client’s objectives
- Works closely with internal team to execute Clients’ strategic plans and provide best in class media solutions
- Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends as it relates to Client strategies and plans
- Monitor industry changes and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Understand Client project goals and work collaboratively with CS to achieve results
- Develops and leads a high performing team through coaching, feedback and guidance
- Ensures development and growth in technical areas as well as soft skills
- Supports external brands through blogs, articles and participation in industry events
- Plays an active role in the interviewing process for open positions, making recommendations around hiring, promotion, discipline, and related personnel actions
- Oversees Client budgeting and forecasting
- Works with Media Director to monitor account revenue and incremental account growth
- Manage the operational success of the accounts to ensure that deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Drive strategy and innovation development across all accounts and ensure holistic synergy across all media channels
- Proven ability to service Clients in a digital and traditional environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to set team priorities and collaborate with other Agency departments to deliver products/services to clients
- Adopts high quality account management standards and channel best practices
- Proven track record of building partnerships and working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of stress tolerance
- Technical understanding of digital performance marketing i.e. Bought, Owned and Earned products and services such as
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Management and Display Marketing
- Proven track record of successfully directing and managing Client-service focused technical project execution
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
Imaginuity is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.