We at Imaginuity have traveled about 150,000 miles so far in 2011 for seminars, conclaves, conferences, meetings, events and tradeshows. That amounts to a lot of time spent in the air and on the ground at events. Tips when traveling for business events include:
- Book travel and lodging far in advance. Shop around for deals.
- Wear comfortable shoes when walking a long distance. For reference, the Las Vegas Convention Center encompasses 3.2 million square feet!
- Book meetings at least one month in advance.
- Make time to walk the floor to learn about others at the event.
- Stay hydrated. Eat meals as similarly as you would at home.
- Remember chargers for your laptop, cell phone, and tablet.
- Travel as lightly as possible.
- Participate in networking events.
- Attend special sessions and programs of interest to you.
- Lastly, enjoy yourself!
Once you are back at the office, share the impressive knowledge you learned and takeaways with your colleagues. If you were fortunate enough to travel to an exotic location, souvenirs would be appreciated as well!